This amount will include: movement/music/art/performance classes, student planners, consumable and non-consumable classroom supplies, office supplies, art supplies, materials for curricular projects, funding for outreach programs, playground equipment, performance funding, science and social studies excursions, and other expenses as they arise.
Our movement/music/art/performance classes will include the hiring of specialists who will help provide high quality instruction to all of our ⅚ students. Please note that our funds from Council only cover a portion of these expenses.
(1) 2-inch binder with clear pocket view covers, Portfolio. For incoming fifth graders and sixth graders who are new to Horizons
(1) Single subject spirals. 1 for Spanish 1A (daily Spanish classes)
(1) Composition books: Language Arts
(5) 1-1/2 inch binders: Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Math, Spanish 1A only (daily Spanish classes)
(2) Packages of graph paper with holes punched for Math for 6th graders ONLY
(1) Spiral notebook with graph paper for Math for 5th graders ONLY
(1) Homework organizer such as an expandable file with at least 6 sections OR zippered 3-ring binder to transport & organize work in progress between school and home
(1) Labeled earbuds to access online content
(1) Box of 24 pencils (either woodcased or mechanical)
Downloadable Supply List
We encourage you to use supplies from previous years. Do not feel you need to go out and purchase everything new. Remember that you’ll need a backpack, reuseable lunch bag, and labeled water bottle.
Community supplies include colored pencils, highlighters, post-its, etc. available for shared use in the ⅚ classrooms. We will be providing our ⅚ students with academic planners and look forward to helping them learn how to use this organizational tool as they navigate between classrooms. Students have the choice to bring their own pencil case with personal supplies if desired.
The only additional expenses families should encounter will be the costs for Outdoor Ed ($290.00) and Winter Sports. Winter Sports costs vary greatly and average $100. We have tried to include our known field trip costs into the $125 fee above. More information on these expenses will be available in August and December respectively. We will collect this money when we know the exact pricing for this trip.
Note: Total approximate cost per student is $515. A portion of this cost will be covered by the “experiential learning” money donated by Council.